About Safety Office
The Safety Office serves as a Health, Safety and Environment resource to assist members of the institution community in meeting their obligations to provide a safe, healthy work and educational environment.
Understanding the main issues of emergency situation is very important for each member (student, administrative staff and academic staff) of Canadian Institute of Technology.Each member of CIT should know whom and how to contact in a case of emergency.The Safety Office administers university-wide emergency programs such as fire and large scale spills of hazardous materials. Information on university-wide procedures is presented here in this section of the Safety Office website.
Committees and Representatives
To increase security measures and to cope in any emergency situation, it is decided to set up a working team.
This team is composed by:
- Human Resources
- Security Expert
- An employee of physical security
- The building maintenance technicians
- Member of Students Government
Emergency Contact Numbers
Emergency contacts should be posted in a location accessible to responding emergency services (recommend location on visible parts of the building/offices).
Internal emergency contact number:
CIT +355 42 22 97 78
+355 67 40 42 042
Other important emergency contacts:
Road Police 126
Healthy and Safety Office Policies
Policies of Healthy and Safety Committee:
- The committee is not responsible on Health and Safety at work. It only inspects workplaces, signals anomalies and insufficiency, and offers recommendations.
- Meets at list once each term.
- Recognizes workplace hazards.
- Evaluates the risk of accidents/incidents, injuries and illness.
- Participates in development and implementation of programs to protect the employees’ safety and health.
- Responds to employee complaints and suggestions concerning safety and health.
- Monitors and follows-up hazard reports and recommend action.
- Participate in safety and health inquiries and investigations, as appropriate.
- Consults with professional and technical experts.
- Makes recommendations to management for accident prevention and safety program activities.
- Monitors effectiveness of safety programs and procedures.
- Perform an inspection each beginning of a term and fills the two appended templates